8:30pm – late
This year most of the competition finals will be earlier in the day, leaving the evening session free for performances and social freestyle.
The evening session will include:
- the Jive Masters event (Simply Switched and Simply Random);
- showcase performances;
- teams performances;
- lots of social freestyle; and
- the competition awards
The Invitational Jive Masters event will return in 2019. Our Masters will compete in three events: Simply Switched where we mix them up Jack and Jill style; Simply Random where they will perform a freestyle spotlight, and Simply Steals where they will swap and steal partners. This year showcases will not be performed as part of the Jive Masters competition – we will have a separate performance event (see below). With top dancers from both New Zealand and Australia the Jive Masters is an event not to be missed!
Want to perform a team routine or showcase but don’t want to compete? This is the perfect opportunity for you! Simply Performances will take place on the Saturday evening and will not be judged. With no judging criteria, you can let your sense of creativity run wild! Simply indicate on the registration form if you’d like to perform a showcase or team routine. If you’ve got any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org
There are a few rules:
- For showcases, at least one of the dancers must be level 3 or higher.
- Performances must be no longer than 4 minutes and a copy of the music must be provided to event organisers at least two weeks before the event.
- There may be children in the audience so keep it clean.
- The event organisers reserve the right to require a videoed copy of the showcases to be received at least four weeks before the event to ensure high quality and manage the number of performances.